Friday, January 06, 2006

under the expertise of Remi Van Reeth

Hello Everyone!
I can't help thinking about the period before the Internet. I mean the period when it still was a private, sorry a military possesion. Our thoughts, ideas, feelings, tates, life, etc was only known to people close to us. The only way we could 'broadcast' anything about ourselves oustside our immediate cercle of relatives and friends, was throught the estabilshed media. Today the Internet gives us an equally powerful platform to voice our thinking. The blog is one of its tools. According to Blogger.com, a blog 'is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world' or whatever you want to make of it. This message is intended to those of you mates, new to the concept of the Blog. A great idea, just embrace it. I first came across it in the Guardian newspaper(a UK daily broadsheet). But really grasped the concept when my mate Remi Van Reeth gave me a tour of his. Here we are taking advantage of the photographic skills of Jennifer, Remi's girlfriend. I know, one needs a dash of narcissism and/or exibitionism to allow total strangers(in some cases)to peer through the boundaries of our privacy. But this is part of the fun and inevitable if you want to share who you are with others. This message is my first real post. Remi is still overseeing the configuration of my blog since I still don't know what I'm really doing. Hey watch this space and above all, get ready for a lot of blah, blah, blah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Remi VR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Remi VR said...

Ok, I understand...
Blah, blah, blah?
Yeah, right!

I can see you from here: You are so happy to have , after all this year, the opportunity to express yourself in a public space! And no one to interrupt you!
Go on, my friend! You can blah blah blah as much as you want, every words will be read!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home